Mandatory foster care training
Once you become an approved foster parent with ISP, you’ll start to complete a number of mandatory training courses within your first year of fostering. Some of these are one-off courses, others may need to be refreshed periodically.
Most of our mandatory courses are available to complete online via our learning platform and cover everything from safeguarding and medication to first aid, allegations and more. They're also a key part of the Training Support and Development Standards (TSDS), demonstrating your knowledge against the various required standards set for all foster parents.
Discover all the mandatory training courses below...
- Equality & Diversity
- Behaviour Management (R)
- Safer Care & Allegations (R)
- Safeguarding (R)
- Health and Safety
- First Aid (R)
- Medication in the Foster Home
- The Health of Looked After Children
- Helping Children Succeed at School
- Safeguarding Adults - Mandatory for Parent & Child/Staying Put
- Parent & Child Placements - Mandatory for Parent & Child
- The Positive Role for Men who Foster – Mandatory for male foster parents
(R) – Refresher course required