Broaden your knowledge
We offer a wide range of additional training courses to help our foster parents fill any knowledge gaps and help them step into their role with confidence.
Alongside our mandatory training and our Therapeutic Pathway, we also offer a wide range of additional training courses that you can choose to join.
Most of our additional courses are available to complete online via our learning platform. Others may be in a group session via Microsoft Teams. This means that our face-to-face sessions are focussed on the more advanced and interactive training sessions.
Our additional training courses:
- Contact and Working with Families
- Leaving Care
- Internet & Mobile Safety
- Criminal and Sexual Exploitation
- Meeting the Needs of Children from Other Cultures
- Education of Looked After Children
- Managing Disclosures
- Speech, Language & Communication
- Promoting Sexual Health
- Smoking, Drugs and Alcohol
- Staying Put
- Life Skills Development
- Safe Social Networking
- Parental Controls
- Internet Security